Our client is a small family owned civil engineering company which installs roads and sewers for residential contractors throughout the northwest. Established in 1996 it has grown to a £15m business with 60 employees and is based in Brinscall, Lancashire. The right candidate will be joining a small, friendly and busy team.
Your new role..
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day transactional operations within the accounts department.
- Accounts payable, from maintaining supplier records to managing the busy purchase ledger process.
- Routinely review key expenditure ensuring inline with suppliers pricing list.
- To review and audit the internal processes to ensure multiple sites are adhering to company policy.
- To assist and prepare a weekly payroll accurately and compliantly
- Process monthly PAYE Returns to HMRC
- Process monthly CIS return to HMRC and issue Statements of Deductions to subcontractors
- Ensure the rules surrounding CIS are adhered to throughout the company.
- To raise and issue sales invoices on a predominantly monthly basis inline with job progress reports.
- Accounts Receivable, managing the Sales Ledger to ensure credit control is done on a timely basis and matching up remittance advices to corresponding payments.
- Manage, maintain and report on company retentions to ensure transparency as to the position at any given point in time.
- To prepare and submit monthly VAT Returns to HMRC.
- To reconcile the bank on a monthly basis.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- To maintain the fixed asset register ensuring capital items are correctly recognised
- Liaise with the year end audit team
- Monitor stock and assist in the year end stock take (minimal stock held within the company)
- Monitor hired in plant equipment
- Fixed Asset Maintenance
- Support others within the Finance department when necessary
- Ad-hoc office duties
- To lead and implement a cloud accounting solution
- To set up, monitor and report on job/site profitability
- To implement and install a purchase order system ensuring costs incurred are in line with agreed pricing structure
- Experience in all areas of the role is desirable however we value the importance of getting the right person in our business with the prospect of working and learning with FD.
- Experience in Cloud Accounting desirable preferably Xero.
- Experience of payroll is desirable including dealing with queries
- Ability to build relationships throughout the organisation.
- Self-motivated with good time management is important
- Good organisational skills and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to meeting deadlines
- Proficient IT skills with the ability to uses packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- AAT qualification or higher is desirable, however not essential.
- Clean driving license
What’s in it for you..
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- A friendly and welcoming work environment where you’ll feel fully involved and valued
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
What happens next?
- We’ll take a look at your application
- We’ll review it in line with our client’s requirements and assess if you’re a match for the role
- We’ll call you for a chat about the position to learn a little more about you and your personal aspirations
- We’ll video call you or invite you to Cummins Mellor HQ to meet with our team and discuss the next steps in your career
Not ready to apply?
If you’re looking for some more information, then please give us a call
Speak to Amy Coates
T: 01254 239363