Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, multi-skilled individual to join their dynamic team in their growing run company based in Altham.
Reporting to the Group Supply Chain Director, the Buyer will be responsible for ordering products, services and raw materials required by the company. The role will have a strong commercial focus and will involve visiting and appraising suppliers to negotiate prices, service levels, payment terms and the evaluation of price offers.
- Proven Administrative / Purchasing background within manufacturing
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Time management skills.
- Strong commercial awareness / business acumen with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work at all levels.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical with excellent numeracy skills and an understanding of budget requirements.
- Ability to work to deadlines / under pressure.
- Proven Health & Safety skills.
- CIPS qualification minimum Level 3 or above
- Experience using SAP / SAP Hana or an equivalent ERP system.
- Ordering and management of yarns & chemical stocks for Dewtex UK and Chemical Dewlock products using SAP.
- Maintain master Data in SAP and optimise the system.
- Review and Manage inventory stocks and current orders, taking action where appropriate. Work closely with the planners and production managers to ensure that changes to production plans are managed with stocks amended accordingly.
- Smooth and correct administrative processing of purchasing including placing quotations and negotiating with suppliers about alternative options, prices, availability, delivery times and quantities, seeking the perfect match between all parameters. Responsible for ensuring correct delivery times and chasing suppliers where expectations fall short.
- Work alongside colleagues from other departments to optimise product availability and service.
- Order & manage routine spares parts according to a stock system and administer arrival notices to relevant parties. Progress purchase orders to ensure timely delivery. Ensure that order coding and analysis is accurate.
- Using SAP to ensure that invoices match GRN’s and purchase orders to ensure smooth payment to suppliers, or the raising of supplier credit notes.
- Assisting the Group Supply Chain Director with the purchasing of exceptional products / services and assisting with preparatory work in investment project research.
- Monitor and assess the performance of existing and new suppliers.
- Order and manage company stationery supplies, printing, PPE and workwear.
- Manage service level agreement for the vending suppliers. Administer plant maintenance contracts including Waste.
- Maintaining the fleet of company vehicles including repairs / annual services, MOT’s, and booking hire cars as required.
- Represent the purchasing department in internal and external meetings, including daily production department reviews, supplier meetings, contract negotiation, supplier complaints etc.
- Act in accordance with regulatory provisions.
What's in it for you?
- Salary (negotiable and dependent on experience)
- 32 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Auto-enrolment Pension (employee contribution 5% / 4.5% employer contribution)
- Death in service provision.
- Christmas Vouchers - £75.00 each.
- Westfield Health – Mosaic Level 1 cover.
- Monthly pay – last working day of the month (except December where it is paid earlier).
- On-site canteen with an array of vending machines and basic amenities.
- Free on-site parking.
What happens next?
- We’ll take a look at your application
- We’ll review it in line with our client’s requirements and assess if you’re a match for the role
- We’ll call you for a chat about the position to learn a little more about you and your personal aspirations
- We’ll video call you or invite you to Cummins Mellor HQ to meet with our team and discuss the next steps in your career
Not ready to apply?
If you’re looking for some more information, then please give us a call.
Speak to Mez Patel
T: 01254 239363