Our client is a thriving company within the Financial Service sector and are looking for someone to join them within their Collections team. The primary activity of the Junior Collections Representative is to deal with failed mandates on all portfolios along with live arrears. You will report directly to the Collection Manager and to escalate cases to the Senior Collection Representative in a prompt and effective communication manner.
Your new role...
- Responsible for ensuring that the good name and reputation of the company is maintained
- Deal appropriately with all incoming calls from customers, brokers, agents, solicitors and third parties ensuring that data protection and money laundering guidelines are always followed
- Make outbound calls in the course of the job ensuring that best practice and appropriate telephone manner is used on all occasions
- Action ARRUD (cancelled direct debits) files daily
- Arrears telephone calls from failed direct debits escalating to repossession calls
- Escalation to appointment of agents or solicitors for repossession of assets
- Administration and liquidation of companies, knowing and understanding what action to take and when
- Ensure, legal notices and statements produced and sent out daily
- To investigate customers and assets using all available tools i.e., internet, social media
- Manage all administrative correspondence assigned to you, or as directed by the Collections Manager
- To highlight any issues relating to Direct Debit administration or system problems to the Collections Manager
- To undertake any ad hoc duties assigned by the Collections manager
- Demonstrable strong financial, analytical, and numerical skills
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Asset Finance and associated financial products is desirable but not essential
- Administration experience within a financial environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience with debt collection
- A team player – self-motivated, a ‘can-do; attitude, a never give up approach and a drive to succeed
- Diligent with acute attention to detail and an investigative mind
- Effective time manager and the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity
What's in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Income Protection
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Healthcare cashplan
- Life cover
- Role is office based at our offices in Blackburn, but within our company agile working policy, this role does have the ability to work from home for up to 1 day each week following full training, in line with business needs
What happens next?
- We’ll take a look at your application
- We’ll review it in line with our client’s requirements and assess if you’re a match for the role
- We’ll call you for a chat about the position to learn a little more about you and your personal aspirations
- We’ll video call you or invite you to Cummins Mellor HQ to meet with our team and discuss the next steps in your career
If you’re looking for some more information then please give us a call on 01254 239363.