Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, the Junior Underwriter will work within the Core Credit team supporting the Credit Underwriting function in order to facilitate the efficient flow of opportunities through the business. Keeping the Customer at the heart of what we do, my client aims to deliver market leading levels of service.
The Junior Underwriter will preview all new business opportunities presented for credit review. Taking cognisance of credit policy, you will determine if, and how, an opportunity should be progressed for underwriting. You will be required to conduct credit searches where appropriate, and also determine valuation requirements with the use of in-house matrices. You will also provide administrative support to the credit automation initiative until such a time that system enhancements are available. In support of the Credit Underwriting units, you will manage tasks set for 'Credit' by the rest of the business; assess appeals raised by the Sales team against Fast track credit decisions; and consider credit condition sign off requested by the Operations team.
Your new role...
- Conduct an initial assessment of each opportunity presented to HFL to determine whether proposal is within policy
- Complete Credit Searches where appropriate including live arrears check
- Approve / Decline proposals within delegated mandate where appropriate
- Determine when valuation figures can be obtained from in-house matrices and where a request must be submitted to the Asset Management team
- Submit requests for Balloons to the Asset Management team where appropriate
- Provide administrative support to the Credit Automation/Score Card initiative
- Consider and sign-off of credit conditions
- Customer centric – able to put the Customer at the heart of all you do
- Diligent - acute attention to detail
- Team player - self-motivated, a 'can-do' attitude, and a drive to succeed
- Effective time manager – ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communicator – able to converse at all levels
- Integer – high level of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrable financial, analytical, and numerical skills
- Basic knowledge of Asset Finance and associated financial products
- Clear understanding of HFL's Asset Finance Credit Policy
- Administrative experience within a financial environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
What's in it for you...
- Company pension scheme
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Income Protection
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Healthcare cashplan
- Life cover
- Private medical insurance
What happens next?
- We’ll take a look at your application
- We’ll review it in line with our client’s requirements and assess if you’re a match for the role
- We’ll call you for a chat about the position to learn a little more about you and your personal aspirations
- We’ll video call you or invite you to Cummins Mellor HQ to meet with our team and discuss the next steps in your career
Not ready to apply?
If you’re looking for some more information, then please give us a call on 01254 239363.
Speak to Mez Patel
T: 01254 239363