Our client is looking for the right person to come and join their company as a Senior legal cashier in the Rossendale area.
To provide an efficient service to the firm and its clients on a daily basis ensuring all members of staff are supported to a high level. Diplomatic and discreet in approach you will be able to manage a complex and demanding workload and be able to work to deadlines demonstrating initiative with excellent communication skills.
Your new role...
- A thorough approach to complying with processes and authorisations in a manner which keeps risk to a minimum
- The ability to work within a demanding and busy environment meeting frequent deadlines
- IT literate together with a thorough knowledge of the Proclaim case management system (preferred)
- A high standard of organisational and written skills
- Working as part of a confident and pro-active team with the ability to prioritise your own workload, and work on your own initiative with good time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- The ability to assist in managing the team to ensure they are well motivated and able to perform the allocated task
To assist in managing the day to day operations (including training needs) of the cashier’s team and ensure the team undertakes the following tasks:
- To input all financial data on a daily basis
- Identifying any problems with the case management software and taking appropriate action, (reporting to your line manager)
- To ensure all cash and cheques received are banked on a daily basis
- To telegraph monies via the bank when requested after ensuring that sufficient cleared funds are available
- To reconcile client and office account balances with the corresponding bank balances on a daily basis
- To ensure the firm is run in accordance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and any other legislation that may be in force from time to time as required
- To monitor and report all regulatory breaches
- To prepare cheques as required
- To monitor and action any uncleared cheques to clients or others
- To assist in any preparatory work required for audits
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with enquiries from fee earners, clients and other professionals as and when required
- Taking card payments from clients by phone
- Ensuring appropriate measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access to data in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Working with fee earners and others in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Dealing with all professionals in a confident, sensitive and efficient manner ensuring client confidentiality at all times
- Electronic diary management, Emails, Filing, Scanning, and Photocopying
- To keep up to date with all relevant rules and regulations and to comply with all SRA/Law Society/Lexcel/CQS or other office accreditations at all times.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working available
- 1 hour lunch break
- Competitive salary
- Friendly team
- Monday to Friday
What happens next?
- We’ll take a look at your application
- We’ll review it in line with our client’s requirements and assess if you’re a match for the role
- We’ll call you for a chat about the position to learn a little more about you and your personal aspirations
- We’ll video call you or invite you to Cummins Mellor HQ to meet with our team and discuss the next steps in your career
Not ready to apply?
If you’re looking for some more information, then please give us a call.
Speak to Amy Coates
Permanent Recruitment Consultant
T: 01254 239363